Friday, May 23, 2008

5/22/08 Ashkanaz (Berkeley, Ca)

Like most things in the life playing in a band has its ups and downs. Aside from the 45 min we were on stage, it was a downer. It was one of those humbling experiences that takes me back to when I was 14 playing gigs for the first time, to the bartender and a couple of friends. One of those nights when I probably didn't even need a mic and the panhandler outside the venue probably doubled what we made that night. I remember him hitting us up for some money as we left and I said "sorry, but you made more money than me tonight." Here is a lesson kids, you might make more money with an acoustic guitar on the street corner playing 12 bar blues in Berkeley, than rehearsing, renting a van, paying for gas, driving to another city and playing original music. Do the math, stay in school, don't become a musician. Its the life we chose, but when its down....its really down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home