Tuesday, March 04, 2008

2/29/08 The Crossroads (Fresno, Ca)

CrossroadsStage

See you at the Crossroads so you won't be lonely!!! I think of that song every time we play there. This was a "Best of Fresno" night put on by Bob Pierce. With a title like that I'm sure we are all thinking of 10 other bands that could also be on the bill. One that was supposed to be but couldn't make were Fresno legends Lets Go Bowling. I heard that part of their house burned down. I guess that would cut into your gig/rehearsal time for sure. For some reason we performed first. So we set up during happy hour, I thought I walked into a scene from "The Mask" you know that movie with Cher...As it gets closer to show time the crowd gets gradually younger and better looking. Although my favorite of the night was a happy hour hangover. She was about 275 lbs and had been drinking since before 6pm at least. She was hitting pirouettes like she was Micheal Kwan, six or seven in a row with no hesitation. It was amazing, before we went on she passed by the band while "Welcome to the Jungle" was playing on the juke box and looked into our bass player Kevins soul and starting singing that part "where do we go now, where do we go now." My beer almost came through my nose it was so funny. The Mofo Party Band and the Super Lucky Cats were also on the bill. Mofo is a very entertaining band, I like the attitude. Somehow I ended up behind the drum kit playing with them by the end of the night. There are more pics posted on the Team 40 Watt myspace page (Thanks Lennon and Victoria)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home