Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Download #1- "Hypnotized" Volume 6 (2001)

In 2000 40 Watt Hype released a demo CD called Volume 6. The idea was that the band would start with Volume 6 and work backwards to Volume 1 then break up. When we started recording the music we were still called the "Wack Mcs" so you may hear a few references, but we changed the name halfway through the recording to 40 Watt Hype. I think my voice had just dropped before this time because in earlier recordings I(awall) sound like I'm 11. "Hypnotized" is the first song on Volume 6 recorded at Peter Wolf Studios in downtown Fresno. Gr8 Scot is also on vocals, my brother Andrew is on drums and John Berg on guitar. I make a reference to my Grandmother from Holland when I say "I ain't Dutch for nuthin' like my grandma used to say." She has an interesting story, but that is for another day. The horn solos at the end are by a 15 yr old Jorge Montoy and Adan Infante. During this time we were playing house parties heavily influenced by groups like the Beastie Boys, Pharcyde, Tribe Called Quest etc.

Here is the link enjoy:
http://www.40watthype.com/images/musicfiles/Hypnotize.mp3
(right click as you save)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home