Wednesday, January 24, 2007

10/6/06 Crossroads (Fresno, Ca)

The Crossroads is a venue that reminds me of that movie Roadhouse. Little bit of biker, little bit of frat, little bit of thug and a lot of drinking. When we showed up early to sound check there was a bearded guy with a headband alone on the dance floor. He was pretty faded with a old school shirt on that had the pepsi logo but instead said "Jesus" if you remember those. The night went well, we had a good crowd, saw some old friends. But the night didn't really get going until after the show. After the club had closed my(awall) friend Gabe came in to tell me that my car windshield was smashed. Sure enough, sometime during the last part of our set, somebody walked by and got mad and randomly punched and smashed the windshield. The bouncers chased the guy who then got into a truck and took off. They got the plate ... so now we start the detective work. Lets figure out if they ran a tab at the bar, then we can get their names. My friends brother is a cop so he called in the plates and ran them. So now we have names and an address. Next is the most bizarre thing. By this point its me, my wife and 2 bouncers in the parking lot about 2:30am, the bouncer gets a call from....the culprits. We end up talking on the phone, he wants to have one of his friends fix the windshield. At that point my girl gets on the phone and spit venom in the guys ear. Horns came out of her head, it was a mix of English and Spanish, but she let it rip. Imagine what you would say the person who smashed your windshield??!! One of the bouncers took a step back and turned to me and asked "does she negotiate your contracts?" So thanks to the staff at Crossraods, my wife, Gabe ad some detective work, the next day the culprit ends up paying cash for the whole thing. No police involved, just street justice.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home